The complex of the Sum cult in the temple of Hatshepsut
at Deir El-Bahari
Theoritical reconstruction of the Sun altar in Sun Cult complex
by Architect T. Dziedzid 3D render by P.Srokowski
Sun Cult complex before restoration (Photo courtsey: Archive
of The Egyptian-Polish Archaeological and Conservation Mission
of the temple of Hatshepsut at Deir El-Bahari)
General view of the shrine
- Protection from rainfall and water flow from neighbouring rock slope.
- Protection from dynamic rock fall from considerable heights and uncontrolled burying under rock.
- Safe transfer of load from planned burying under rock detritus of the shelter roof up to 1.5 meters high.
- Ensuring ventilation of space between top of shrine vault and the shelter roof.
- Protection from temperature variation, water condensation and ultraviolet radiation.